JOB VACANCY AT LINK TO HOPE
Deputy Charity Shop Managers
16+hrs. Competitive rates of pay + health plan
Main base: Worthing/Littlehampton
Christian charity Link to Hope exists to help the poor and rebuild communities in Eastern Europe. We require a highly proactive, positive and self-motivated person to join our Worthing & Littlehampton area teams. The ideal candidates must have:-
- Charity shop management experience or other applicable retail/commercial experience
- A proven track record of financial success
- The ability to work with other staff and volunteers
- A clean driving licence and regular access to a vehicle as your location will be flexible.
- Be sympathetic to the Christian objectives of Link to Hope
JOB TITLE Deputy Shop Manager
JOB LOCATION Worthing & Littlehampton areas
RESPONSIBLE TO Shop Manager
To assist the shop manager in establishing and maintaining maximum benefit to the joint venture in terms of turnover, profitability and a presence on the High Street.
It is expected that all staff will be sympathetic to the Christian aims and ethos of the Charity.
- To assist the manager in co-ordinating the retail activities of the shop and to maximise income from the resources provided.
- To provide the manager with support towards maximising profits and increasing profitability by meeting or exceeding weekly turnover targets.
- To ensure the smooth day to day operation of the shop during opening hours, in the absence of the shop manager
- To provide leave or sickness cover for the managers at each of the Link to Hope shops, ie Chapel Road, Rustington, Goring, Littlehampton, Lancing.
- To ensure the security of the premises, stock and cash
- To select and price quality stock ensuring the professional presentation of the shop at all times with particular attention to display, cleanliness and customer care.
- To comply with all statutory legislation, particularly that of Health and Safety and Trading Standards.
- To work with the shop manager in the training, supervision and motivation of volunteer helpers.
- To ensure till procedures are followed and handle the banking where necessary
- To assist with the regular rotation of stock and the sorting and boxing of all donated clothing.
- To liaise with the appropriate person as directed to ensure the collection of packed boxes, rags and rubbish, under the direction of the shop manager or during their absence.
- To liaise with the local traders and competition as appropriate.
- To maintain a certain flexibility and undertake any other duty within reason that may be required from time to time
- To create a friendly, welcoming and appreciative atmosphere for both customers and volunteers.
You should be aware of the confidential nature of this job. Any matters of a confidential nature relating to other employees and volunteer staff must not be divulged to any unauthorised person.
This job description should not be viewed as restrictive and is a current representation of the nature of the duties involved. Consequently it will be subject to review.
Experience of work in the retail sector and meeting of income targets would be desirable. A knowledge of the voluntary sector would be an advantage.
Applicants should have good interpersonal and organisational skills, be flexible and adaptable, and have an outgoing personality. They must be numerate and have the ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously. Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others are essential.
CLOSING DATE FOR COMPLETED APPLICATIONS IS
2nd DECEMBER 2016
Link to Hope Shop Addresses
WORTHING - 43 Chapel Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN11 1BD - Tel: 01903 231255
LITTLEHAMPTON - 3a Anchor Springs, Duke Street, Littlehampton, West Sussex, BN17 6EU - Tel: 01903 719546
RUSTINGTON - 6 Broadmark Parade, Rustington, West Sussex, BN16 2NE - Tel: 01903 779650
GORING - 6 Goring Road, Goring by Sea, Worthing, West Sussex, BN12 4AJ - Tel: 01903 246683
LANCING - 15 North Road, Lancing, West Sussex, BN15 9AH Tel: 01903 765829
FERRING - 62 Ferring Street, Ferring, West Sussex, BN12 5JP Tel:01903 700207
Urgent Stock Appeal
" We are virtually depleted on all stock items but particularly furniture and we urgently need more stock. If you are in the Sussex area or know of someone who is, that would like to donate items to us please ring. We also operate a house clearance service and we have a van that can pick up within 10 miles of Worthing" Many thanks Dave and Max our furniture team.
Shops produce an income for the charity that enables us to fund our projects out in Eastern Europe. If you live locally or find yourself visiting the area then please drop in and see us. The shops are overseen by our Area Manager Val John