We are a small charity with a real passion for embracing new ways of raising revenue for our 20+ education and social care projects. The charity is based in Ferring, West Sussex and we are a team of 5 in the office, who really want to make a difference. We work together to make decisions and you will become an important part of it.
We also run 5 charity shops that employ a further 14 people full and part time. We have only recently started selling on line and now have the opportunity of moving into areas that we weren’t able to before. This is a really exciting time for the charity. Although the role is that of Assistant we want the successful candidate to quickly learn the job, recruit a team of volunteers around them and then work to expanding our online presence to generate further funds for the charity. With increased sales will come increased remuneration.
• To maximise our income from online retail sales.
• Identify and merchandise items for online sales across multiple platforms, ensuring that products are dispatched and any customer related queries are answered in a timely manner.
• Be responsible for listing products online and keeping our customers happy.
• You will ensure items are displayed and described correctly, researching as required and dealing with enquiries as they arise.
• To identify brands and products that could be sold online to raise additional revenue, in particular clothes.
• Sorting, pricing and displaying items
• Taking photographs of the products to bring the products alive for the online customer.
• To confidently write product descriptions that will attract customers to the range of products that Link to Hope has on line.
• To help recruit and manage volunteers who can take over these duties while you look to strategically develop the e-commerce platforms further e.g., new sources of goods, building relationships with suppliers etc.
• To develop niche platforms such as Depop, Facebook Marketplace, Vinted etc.
• To help with social media to highlight the retail work of Link to Hope
What are we looking for?
• Experience of selling on e-commerce platforms successfully.
• Ability to research and find out what products might sell for.
• Making things look their best.
• Creativity, perseverance, flair, passionate and able to work with a small team and independently.
• Able to use your own initiative and have excellent English, grammar and spelling skills.
• Proficient in MS Office including, Outlook, Word, Excel.
• You will be articulate, with excellent communication skills and a professional telephone manner.
• A good working knowledge of digital social media advertising platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, etc.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• High degree of initiative, and ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
• Detail-oriented, deadline driven, and able to multi-task with solid organizational and time management skills
• Excellent team player, calm under pressure, sociable with sound interpersonal skills, willingness to learn and acquire new skills
• Interest of the Ecommerce markets and in particular fashion.