We are presently advertising for the following role/roles:-
- Retail & E-Commerce Manager – Full Time based in Ferring
- Deputy Shop Manager – Three days a week based in Goring (scroll down for the application and job description)
RETAIL & E-COMMERCE MANAGER
Full time. Weekdays only. Applications close on the 12th November 2021
Please apply online HERE
Who are Link to Hope
We are a Christian charity dedicated since 1991 to rebuilding lives and communities in Eastern Europe. We do this through Education and Social Care projects and we operate 20+ projects in 4 countries – Romania, Bulgaria, Ukraine and Moldova. We help transform thousands of people lives each year and our aim is to be ever expanding in order to generate new funds for existing and future projects.
Scope and purpose of position
We are looking for a Retail & E-Commerce Manager to manage all retail activities for Link to Hope’s 5 shops and e-commerce platforms eg E-Bay, Depop etc.
You will be joining a small but highly committed team at head office and report directly to the General Manager. We have a flat organisational structure and everyone’s ideas and thoughts are valued. As we are a small team, then you have a fantastic opportunity to not only have an impact on our retail business but also on the strategy of the charity. We would also aim for you to take part in overseas visits so you can see exactly what your contribution is helping to achieve.
For your part you must be capable of motivating teams and making things happen. Not be afraid to push through and to find ways to inspire staff and volunteers to achieve the objectives you set them. Also help to create a positive customer experience in each of our shops and online stores. The main aim of the role is to help generate the maximum return to Link to Hope through our retail and e-commerce activities, whilst enhancing the Link to Hope brand. We are a very supportive team and care about all aspects of our employees life not just what you can do for us.
It is expected that all staff will be sympathetic to the Christian aims of the Charity and actively take part in activities that enhance and promote that.
Duties and responsibilities
• Management of the existing retail outlets and new acquisitions.
• Management and development of our e-commerce sites ie E-Bay, Debop etc along with our e-commerce team
• To oversee the setting up of our new warehouse outlet in 2022
• Performance and development of shop managers including regular reviews.
• Recruitment of new staff and volunteers
• Training and coaching staff and volunteers in all aspects of retail activity as appropriate to their role.
• Carry out regular visits to motivate, direct and empower the teams.
• Establish and manage regular meetings with individuals and teams as benefits the business.
• Promote the donation of good quality goods within the communities.
• Seek and develop corporate links to acquire goods for sale, end of line etc.
• Use corporate links to develop new promotional ideas.
• Work with General Manager to decide strategic direction of retailing.
• Regularly report on trading activities to the General Manager and Trustees as required.
• Analyse sales figures and turnover and take action in response to these on a weekly and monthly basis
• Management of Health and Safety in the shops and warehouse including risk assessments and remedial action
• Proactively seek out opportunities to expand the retail network profitably
• Liaise with external organisations as appropriate or required.
• Promote Link to Hope, its work and its brand at all times.
• Actively participate in the ongoing Christian work of the charity and be fully committed to its Christian aims and objectives.
The right candidate will have a solid background in retail/charity management and e-commerce. They must have proven commercial skills but also be passionate about shaping our charity and going the extra mile.
Some of our employees benefits include:-
• 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
• No weekend working
• Training support and development opportunities
• Pension Scheme
• Sick Pay
• Health/Dental Care
• Potential to travel to projects in Eastern Europe.
Salary: £27,000+ £2,000 Bonus ( Based on sales & performance)
Please apply here – https://form.jotform.com/212804070369049
DEPUTY SHOP MANAGER – GORING RD
Three days a week. Applications close on the 12th November 2021
Please apply online HERE
JOB TITLE: Deputy Shop Manager
JOB LOCATION: Link to Hope Shop, 4-6 Goring Road, Goring by Sea, BN12 4AJ
RESPONSIBLE TO: Goring Shop Manager
MAIN PURPOSE: To assist the shop manager in establishing and maintaining maximum benefit to the charity in terms of turnover, profitability and a presence on the High Street.
CHRISTIAN ETHOS: It is expected that all staff will be sympathetic to the Christian aims and ethos of the Charity.
• To assist the manager in co-ordinating the retail activities of the shop and to maximise income from the resources provided.
• To provide the manager with support towards maximising profits and increasing profitability by meeting or exceeding weekly turnover targets.
• To ensure the smooth day to day operation of the shop during opening hours, in the absence of the shop manager
• To run the shop independently two days a week plus one double up day with the shop manager.
• To provide leave or sickness cover for the managers at each of the Link to Hope shops when necessary, ie Chapel Road, Rustington, Goring, Littlehampton
• To ensure the security of the premises, stock and cash
• To select and price quality stock ensuring the professional presentation of the shop at all times with particular attention to display, cleanliness and customer care.
• To be confident using technology to promote your shop where necessary.
• To comply with all statutory legislation, particularly that of Health and Safety and Trading Standards.
• To work with the shop manager in the training, supervision and motivation of volunteer helpers.
• To ensure till procedures are followed and handle the banking where necessary
• To assist with the regular rotation of stock and the sorting and boxing of all donated clothing.
• To minimise the amount of stock that goes to landfill by working with external companies such as World of Books, CTR and Facebook Marketplace.
• To liaise with the appropriate person as directed to ensure the collection of packed boxes, rags and rubbish, under the direction of the shop manager or during their absence.
• To liaise with the local traders and competition as appropriate.
• To maintain a certain flexibility and undertake any other duty within reason that may be required from time to time
• To create a friendly, welcoming and appreciative atmosphere for both customers and volunteers.
You should be aware of the confidential nature of this job. Any matters of a confidential nature relating to other employees and volunteer staff must not be divulged to any unauthorised person.
This job description should not be viewed as restrictive and is a current representation of the nature of the duties involved. Consequently it will be subject to review.
Experience of work in the retail sector and meeting of income targets would be desirable. A knowledge of the voluntary sector would be an advantage.
Applicants should have good interpersonal and organisational skills, be flexible and adaptable, and have an outgoing personality. They must be numerate and have the ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously. Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others are essential. Also to embrace the latest technology.
Some of our employees benefits include:-
- 17 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Training support and development opportunities
- Staff Discount
Rate per hour: £9 – £9.45 (based on experience)
Please apply here – https://form.jotform.com/212943032059047