Family and Elderly Shoebox Appeal 2018
Thank you for helping us send 43,966 Family & Elderly Shoeboxes to those in need in Eastern Europe in December 2017. Delivery Diary and photos are up on the website now.
Why support the Link to Hope Shoebox Appeal 2018?
We ask people to fill a Shoebox for a family – not just a child. Our list contains items for all family members and includes items such a shower gel/shampoo, family games, stationary items, gift for mum and dad as well as sweets, soft toys, hats, scarves etc.
- Our annual Family Shoebox Appeal has been running since 1992 and has delivered smiles to thousands of people in Eastern Europe over the years. In fact, we have sent over 700,000 shoeboxes to hundreds of different locations!
- It’s a really simple idea, anyone can get involved, and we are always keen to have more people join our national network of supporters. If you are a business its a great way of helping to achieve your Corporate Responsibility Objectives
- The Family Shoeboxes of gifts are given to families who often have to make a choice between buying food or fuel at Christmas time – buying presents is just not a priority. Many of these families do not have running water, heating or electricity. Some live in appalling conditions, often living in just one or two rooms, and life for them is a real struggle to survive.
- Due to the number of elderly people that are now being left alone due to their families leaving to work away, we have launched the Elderly Shoebox Appeal. The boxes are similar however the childrens games and education materials are replaced with a wind up torch, sensory items, candle and holder etc.
- Boxes get sent to Romania, Bulgaria, Moldova and Ukraine.
- We are small enough that we have a personal relationship with all the key contacts in Eastern Europe who distribute your Shoeboxes and we do spot checks to ensure that your boxes are recieved by the correct people.
- We are a Christian charity who believe in distributing love to those in need regardless of background, colour, creed or religion.