THE SHOEBOX APPEAL IS NOW CLOSED FOR 2020
SEE YOU NEXT YEAR FOR OUR 2021 SHOEBOX APPEAL
Why support the Link to Hope Shoebox Appeal?
We ask people to fill a Shoebox for a family – not just a child. Our list contains items for all family members and includes items such a shower gel/shampoo, family games, stationary items, gift for mum and dad as well as sweets, soft toys, hats, scarves etc
- Our annual Family Shoebox Appeal has been running since 1992 and has delivered smiles to thousands of people in Eastern Europe over the years. In fact, we have sent over 900,000 shoeboxes to hundreds of different locations!
- It’s a really simple idea, anyone can get involved, and we are always keen to have more people join our national network of supporters. If you are a business its a great way of helping to achieve your Corporate Responsibility Objectives
FAMILY SHOEBOX APPEAL
- The Family Shoeboxes of gifts are given to families who often have to make a choice between buying food or fuel at Christmas time – buying presents is just not a priority. Many of these families do not have running water, heating or electricity. Some live in appalling conditions, often living in just one or two rooms, and life for them is a real struggle to survive.
- A shoebox for a family means that everyone receives a gift. A scarf for the mum, a tape measure for the dad, toys and games for the children as well as stationery and coloured pens. Also toiletries, toothpaste, shampoo and soap to keep everyone clean and free from the germs that make them ill. And of course sweets and chocolates for everyone – a family favourite.
ELDERLY SHOEBOX APPEAL
Due to the number of elderly people that are now being left alone due to their families leaving to work away, we have launched the Elderly Shoebox Appeal. The boxes are similar however the childrens games and education materials are replaced with a wind up torch, sensory items, candle and holder etc.
- Boxes get sent to Romania, Bulgaria, Moldova and Ukraine.
- We are small enough that we have a personal relationship with all the key contacts in Eastern Europe who distribute your Shoeboxes and we do spot checks to ensure that your boxes are received by the correct people.
- We are a Christian charity who believe in distributing love to those in need regardless of background, colour, creed or religion.